Here are the deets. Hope to see you there!
Sat May 19, 2012 / 9am check-in / Ends at 12 noon
Sacramento Valley Rose Romance Writers Chapter
Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova
11269 Point East Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Josie's Workshop: "“Your First Scene, Line, Paragraph: Making a Great First Impression”
If you’re going to sell your novel, capturing the hearts and minds of those who will read it first – your dream agents or editors – is tantamount.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
1. 4 Page-Turning Tips Every Story MUST Have
2. The Best Place to Start Your Story, and Why (Believe it or not, it’s may not be where you’ve got it now…)
3. When (and When Not) to Use a Prologue
4. How to Integrate a Backstory without Slowing the Pace of Your Narrative
5. How and When to Balance Dialogue with Narrative
Because these are interactive workshops, prior to the event participants are welcomed to mail Josie the very first scene of a work-in-progress (no more than eight pages, double-spaced) that they feel exemplifies their process.
From what is sent in, she will choose a handful for positive, insightful examples of voice done well.